The leading messaging service, WhatsApp, that’s dominating the heart of more than 700 million monthly active users’ requires no introduction. On a daily basis, over 30 billion messages are sent worldwide with the use of this app. And, now it’s buzzing all over the world as a result of its WhatsApp for PC desktop client service. Yes, now WhatsApp could also be accessed on the web.
With this exciting feature, one could view all the messages and conversation on the desktop which was going on Nokia, Android, Windows Phone, or BlackBerry using Google Chrome browser.
Before you opt in, take a look at the advantages as well as its limitations of WhatsApp web client
- Safe A user could login on desktop version by scanning QR code with phone and there’s no password or username that could be hacked.
- No double usage of memory. When an image is downloaded on the mobile app, it won’t be automatically downloaded on desktop or vice-versa.
- WhatsApp web is similar to the conversation from mobile. You could view the live chat on a desktop that’s ongoing on mobile or vice versa.
- Not compatible with all browsers though Google chrome browser is an exception
- WhatsApp on the desktop reveals every of the conversation going on mobile app till PC gets connected to the internet.
- You can neither delete the conversation nor edit your profile from the desktop app like what’s obtainable with mobile WhatsApp.
- When your mobile phone is switched off or the battery dies, WhatsApp web won’t work.
After examining all the points, if you would like to use the service, then follow the steps given below
- Update the newest version of the WhatsApp on your mobile phone.
- Run Whatsapp web on your PC through a Google Chrome browser.
- Choose menu and open WhatsApp web on the mobile app.
- Scan the QR code on the desktop with a mobile app.
- After scanning has been done, you would get a web app right over there!